March 19, 2010

Where to eat in Chatt

On dining out in Chattanooga.
Took the guest to Hiroshi's  - which serves some fabulous sushi as well as other Japanese fare. Because the guest does not enjoy sushi  she had fish.
Unfortunately, Hiroshi's only prepares raw food well. The fish was apparently overdone and the veggies it was served with were insanely salty. The same results were found with another guest's steak. Well, you win some & you loose some. My veggie sushi was great and I enjoyed my meal. The service was sub-par. There were only two girls waiting on the entire restaurant & poor dears must have been running around like crazy.

For lunch today I went with the guest and a few others to Sluggo's Vegetarian Cafe. I have finally gotten around to going and have nothing but greatness to report.
As the 3 I was with are omnivores, most were timid about trying anything unfamiliar to them.
Here is what was had:
1 - cup of chili (reported good but quite spicy) and small garden salad
2 - large garden salad (average)
3 - portobello mushroom burger (reported good)
4 - For myself, I had the black bean burrito. I love Mexican fare. The burrito was quite good but was seasoned with cumin which was unexpected but delicious. The burrito was gigantic! It comes with a vegan sour cream but as I don't care for sour cream, I left it off. It is topped with 'cheese' which tasted alright. I asked what type it was, as I did not have success with the rice cheese last weekend. I was told that it is made in-house and is made of nutritional yeast flakes. This is a product which I have yet to try but I read about it in many recipes. Apparently it has lots of vitamin B. The cheese was good but not very "cheesy" tasting. If I were to compare it to any "regular"cheese - it is most like a squeeze nacho cheese - which I am not a fan of.
The chips and salsa served with the burrito were very nice. The chips were not greasy at all and had a great crunch.
I will definitely be making another trip back!

No comments:

Post a Comment