March 9, 2010

Girl Gone Green

Before I jump to the present, let me rewind time to March 1st 2010.

This was the day on which I had planned to go vegan & I was going to do it in a big way. I didn't simply plan on cutting out dairy and eggs but I was going to cleanse my body of all animal products and start fresh. To aid in this process I had purchased (after two months of research) a VitaMix which I was anxiously awaiting to arrive in the mail. This cleanse, I had decided, would be 21 days because that seemed to be the magic number of so many cleanses. I would not follow any set detox/cleanse but would consume green smoothies - breakfast, lunch, & dinner - for 3 weeks in hopes of accomplishing a few things.
One, to flush out animal products.
Two, *and this was the most important to me* I hoped that by the end of the 21 days that I would like more vegetables and greens.
As you will notice as I work through this blog - I am a very picky eater & veggies are one of my least favorite foods.


March 1st - VitaMix arrives in the mail, elation ensues! Did not begin cleanse due to late arrival of blender but did go vegan - 0 animal products.

March 2nd - Began cleanse. It was hard.

March 6th - Aborted cleanse. I was getting sick in the mornings & credited this to the consumption of ruffage on an empty stomach.

March 7th - Realized that the illness was caused by a multi-vitamin on an empty stomach, not the smoothies.

March 8th - Cleanse restart. Quit for dinner. Because I had quit my cleanse that weekend, I had a fabulous fridge full of yummy leftovers that I couldn't seem to let go to waste -  or in my sister's mouth.

Felt guilty.

March 9th - Cleanse, day 1 - round 3. I am determined that I am going to complete this.

3 comments:

  1. You can do it, Marin!
    And when you do, I will bow down in massive admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hEY GIRL
    I have the same problems with vitamin b specifically on an empty stomach.

    Are 3 green drinks enough?
    Ilove my veggie smoothies and add spriulina and hemp protein powder, probiotics and local bee pollen.
    i was thinking today that at 42 i finally learned to eat my veggies. i am finally growing up.
    I feel sooo different since i have added so manyveggies to my diet, I am sure you will notice a difference and feel so good with live foods going in that it will be easier and easier to stay with it.
    I like your tenacity.
    Cheers
    auntie momo
    ps i also had the thought today, that good nutrition is one of the most important
    things we can do for ourselves and the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay has been telling us about this at school. I wish you luck but at the same time don't know how you are doing it! YUCK!!! LOL :) Katrina

    ReplyDelete