November 3, 2010

Back to Basics

A quick post.

Being vegan does not necessarily mean one is healthy, thin, etc. However, going vegan, I did not want to become more unhealthy than I was. Since going vegan I have made a gradual progression to unhealthy eating (most of this transition was after my move to Knoxville). Because I am a student again, I stay up later and get hungry, I snack when I study, when I am bored, and in general when I am at home. I now work in a grocery store and that certainly hasn't helped any either.
I have developed some terrible habits!

So on November 1st I decided to make a change in these habits - I am going back to basics. I am starting each day with a green smoothie - a good start in the morning can only lead to good places & I am avoiding all snacks between meals. If I get very hungry in between - I am sticking with fruit.

You will be seeing some posts about green smoothies coming up, how to make them delicious and what to avoid. Go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment